"Perspective is Everything"
Drone Crew has proudly served the film and production industry with unmatched professionalism and service, and built strong and lasting relationships with top production companies.
We are continually upgrading and improving our systems and skills to maintain our position as the leading octocopter filming service in South Africa.
Breaking news: We are the first fully licensed drone operator in the film industry in South Africa!
Having worked with some of the big name clients in the industry from feature movies, international commercials, as well as local productions and documentaries, our experience and client base continues to grow.
We offer a full package for high end production work, using our in-house RED Scarlet or rental RED Dragon or EPIC , or one of our smaller cameras such as Canon 5D or Panasonic GH4 film cameras on our custom built super heavy lifter drones. Our kit includes all you need for a complete hassle free octocopter filming experience. Camera vehicle (SUV), super heavy lifter custom drone, custom 3 axis gyro stabilised camera head gimbal, live wireless HD video feed for VT, mini VT station, more than enough batteries and chargers to keep running all day if needed. If on a smaller budget, we also offer the Panasonic GH4 4k drone which has proven to be a popular choice.
Behind the scenes of a RED Scarlet octocopter commercial shoot:
Why use us?
- Safety is always our main concern.
- We are fully licensed and insured.
- We have many years experience in the professional film and photography industry, and are able to consistently produce high end results.
- We only use the very best gear and components, and continue to upgrade and improve our industry leading service.
- We know our gear well, have backup equipment, and are fully able to make repairs on location. Full gear check before every job.
- We supply a package which includes our own cameras and lenses, so we are able to tune our systems, gear check easier, and be ready to shoot with less hassle (we can also hire gear in if other cameras are needed, etc).
- Two heavy lift octocopters (custom built for our needs and operating conditions).
- Freefly MoVi brushless gimbal for RED EPIC sized cameras.
- RED Scarlet camera system with lenses.
- Panasonic GH4 4k camera, with lenses.
- 5Dmkiii cameras with Canon L lenses and primes.
- 2 man crew, one pilot and one camera operator / assistant.
- Complete VT station with live video monitoring on directors monitor.